We’re torn between loving this Daisy Lowe polka dot skirt look and hating it. The 25-year-old sure put in a lot of effort in dressing up for a walk-the-dog errand if this whole ensemble is anything to go by.
Daisy Lowe walking her dog Monty in Primrose Hill with a male companion in London on June 10, 2014
It also looks like she over thought it. The model wore a polka-dotted retro skirt featuring a flounce silhouette.
The midi skirt is undoubtedly cute. We also don’t mind the knotted sheer shirt, which, if we may add, Daisy has done so many times before already. It’s the shoes we can’t stand.
This would have been an adorable summer look save for the combat boots. It totally made the outfit heavy and frumpy. We thought the model would have looked less drab with a pair of sandals or flats on. She would have been more comfortable too!
On the other hand, we like the intention of the top and skirt. We couldn’t find the make of the skirt but similar midis are not hard to come by these days. Try the same combination with these pieces:
1. Givenchy Printed Skirt, $2223.53
2. Marni Polka Dot Skirt, $710.00
3. Mary Katrantzou Flared Printed Skirt, $1737.48
4. Valentino Butterfly Brocade Skirt, $2083.25
5. DSQUARED2 Baboon Print Skirt, $1242.22
6. Dolce & Gabbana Ancient Rome Printed Skirt, $1995.00
7. Olympia Le-Tan Book Printed Pleated Cotton Skirt, $12.31.63
Instead of heavy boots, wear these skirts with flat sandals, loafers and even oxfords for a clean and fresh summer look!
Credit: Will Alexander/WENN.com