It’s time to break out your white midi skirt! The clothing trend isn’t going away any time soon and if you have invested in a white skirt before, you can still get a lot of wear from it this season and the next.
Just this month alone, several celebrities have been spotted sporting the trend. The way they styled their skirts was so easy and wearable that even a non-fashion pro can whip up something just as fetching in minutes!
1. Kelly Rowland paired her white mesh skirt with a striped cropped top
Claritin teams up with Grammy Award-winning superstar Kelly Rowland to kick off the spring season in New York on March 20, 2015
You can’t go wrong with blue and white, especially blue stripes with white accents. It just screams Spring/Summer and easily gives off fresh and uncomplicated vibes without compromising on style.
2. Lily James polished her white pencil skirt look with a button down gingham shirt
Lily James at the ‘Cinderella’ photocall at the Cinderella Exhibition in Leicester Square in London on March 20, 2015
The actress exuded class in her spring-y gingham top that she partnered with a white pencil skirt. This ensemble is ideal for both work and play.
3. Laura Haddock dressed down a satin A-line skirt with a t-shirt logo
Laura Haddock at the Dior and I – UK film premiere held at the Curzon Mayfair in London on March 16, 2015
Take a cue from the actress and pair your dressy skirt with a t-shirt logo for that extra “cool girl” effect. The combination of the tee and the skirt creates a world in between chic and casual.
4. Sarah Hyland brought life to cropped tops with this look
Sarah Hyland at the PalyFEST LA 2015 – “Modern Family”, PaleyFEST is a television festival where episodes of the tv show are screened, and panel discussions are held with the participants in Los Angeles, California on March 15, 2015
No, the cropped top trend isn’t going away any time soon either. Revive the look by wearing the top with a polished A-line white skirt to create a classy silhouette. Finish it off with a pair of pumps.
5. Emmy Rossum looked fresh in her knitted cropped top
Emmy Rossum and other celebrities arrive at Craig’s restaurant in West Hollywood in California on March 10, 2015
There’s something about knits that make a person look easy to approach. So if you are looking for a way to tone down the dressy meter of your full midi skirt, try Emmy Rossum’s way and wear a knitted top. Hers has just the right length to accompany the high-waisted bottom.
Now go out and experiment with white midi skirts! Here are some pieces from Shopbop you should add to your Spring/Summer arsenal:
1. Madewell Trellis Eyelet Skirt, $108.00
2. Cynthia Rowley Denim Mesh Midi Skirt, $325.00
3. J.O.A. Floral Lace Skirt, $92.00
4. 3×1 WS High Rise Skirt, $285.00
5. By Malene Birger Hebra Skirt, $450.00
6. No. 21 Straight Midi Skirt, $1015.00
7. alice + olivia Box Pleat Midi Skirt, $367.00
Credit: PNP/WENN/Daniel Deme/Nicky Nelson