You have to admit, slit skirts often look too dressy for everyday wear. You might shy away from them because of the added leg exposure but a stylish approach can give them a classy vibe.
Allow these celebrities to school you on how to make slitted skirts look wearable:
1. Alexa Chung wore a PVC skirt with a knitted sweater
Alexa Chung at London Fashion Week A/W 2015 – Alexa Chung Streetstyle photos in London on February 24, 2015
We adore this look because of the play in textures. The two-tone sweater balanced out the sexy appeal of the PVC skirt. Coupled with the TV presenter’s monochrome approach to styling it, the look is both classy and wearable.
2. Kendall Jenner decided to team up her midi skirt with a pair of sneakers
Kendall Jenner spotted around Paris during Paris Fashion Week in France on March 5, 2015
The metallic top might look too much on a normal day but take a page from the model’s book and pair your midi slit skirt with sneakers. This looks both comfortable and street-chic.
3. Solange Knowles styled it with a turtleneck sweater
Solange Knowles at Paris Fashion Week Womenswear Fall/Winter 2015/2016 – Carven – Outside Arrivals in France on March 5, 2015
Chuck the fur coat out and just go for the turtleneck sweater and slitted skirt look. This timeless tandem can be amped up with a pair of chic pumps.
4. Shailene Woodley went for a bright-colored skirt and paired it up with a collared top
Shailene Woodley at the German premiere of ‘Die Bestimmung – Insurgent’ at CineStar in Germany on March 13, 2015
The skirt definitely draws attention and it’s something you just need to spice up your wardrobe. Look like you really know what you’re doing by teaming it up with a collared top like the actress did here.
5. Kimberley Garner kept it easy with a slouchy button down top
Kimberley Garner at London Fashion Week A/W 2015 – Celebrity Sightings – Day 1 in London on February 20, 2015
Wearing a sheer, slouchy button down top is a fool-proof way of styling a slitted skirt. Throw in some pastel accents such as Kimberley’s blush-tone pumps and you are great to go for spring.
6. Amber Le Bon donned a maxi skirt with a kimono-style top
Amber Le Bon at London Fashion Week Autumn/Winter 2015 – Temperley London – Outside Arrivals in London on February 22, 2015
The fashion model’s outfit is a great holiday ensemble inspiration!
7. Veronica Roth draped a blazer over her shoulders
Veronica Roth at the ‘Insurgent’ world premiere held at the Odeon Leicester Square in London on March 11, 2015
The Divergent series author showed some serious style by wearing this striped maxi skirt and pairing it with what looks like a white cami top and then finishing the look off with a blazer draped over her shoulders.
Now here are some slitted skirts that would be perfect for the new season:
1. Karla Spetic Longer Midi Hi Split Skirt, $655.00
2. BCBGMAXAZRIA Grayce Skirt with Slit, $178.00
3. Nicholas Ponte Zip Front Skirt, $259.00
4. FRAME Le High Leather Pencil Skirt, $648.00
5. Kenzo A Line Skirt with Buttons, $585.00
Style these up the way these celebrities did!
Credit: The Styleograph/WENN/Lia Toby/Will Alexander/ Future Image/ Frederic/ Uwe Geisler/ AEDT/ Zibi/Duval/ Stuart Castle/Daniel Deme/Euan Cherry